Serious Game Classification
What it is
(A digital game challenging sexual violence ) METRAC (Canada), 2010
Play it Now !
Besides play, this title features the following intents:
- Educative message broadcasting
- Informative message broadcasting
This title is used by the following domains:
This title targets the following audience:
Age : 8-11
The gameplay of this title is Game-based(designed with stated goals)
The core of gameplay is defined by the rules below:
- "“… youth have a lot of problems going on in their life and sexual harassment and assault is one of the problems they go through so these questions are very relevant for youth.” (Youth in Toronto)
What It Is. is a quiz game challenging sexual violence against youth. It explores:
- definitions and “myths and realities” about sexual assault, harassment, abuse and consent;
- needs, rights and common concerns of survivors of sexual violence;
- how you can support a friend going through sexual violence; and
services to help survivors of sexual violence."
The media often talk about sexual harassment, especially at this time in France with the introduction of a new law about it. But do you know what can be termed sexual violence? This is a serious Canadian game, "What It Is ", which proposes to help you better know this scourge. Tricky.
With a title for the less explicit , the game What it is - A digital game challenging sexual violence is part of a real sad fact: some people are victims of sexual violence without knowing the fault to a total disregard of their events. Worst victims of the environment can not properly react when faced with the problem .
To remedy this, the game presents its users for educational quiz content developed under the auspices of METRAC , a community organization that fights against violence against women, youth and children. The player is thus confronted throughout his adventure in a series of scenes (park, canteen, party ... ) in which it moves and speaks with NPCs. Each conversation takes the form of a quiz and if unfortunately he ticks three wrong answers , it's game over.
Distribution : FreePlatform(s) : Browser (Flash)
- iPhone / iPod Touch
- Mobile (Android)
- Mobile (BlackBerry)
- PC (Windows)